- 30 ideas for fall decorations on the coffee table in the living room
- 36 new spring decorations ideas – crafts and decorate with foam
- Dining area decorated with natural shelf angle
- Danish fireplace in the colorful lounge
- Design apartment in New York Indi Interiors combines art and modernity
- The modular partition Pickup by Benjamin Hubert
- Modern courtyard – A place to relax and entertain
- Polo House – a spectacular vacation home on the coast of Australia
- Bathroom with freestanding bath
- 5 good reasons to choose the wooden garden chair
Acoustic panels and other innovative applications Sponge
The designer Mauricio Affonso has a number of innovative products designed after exploring the various applications of loofah as a versatile material. Acoustic innovative devices for hands and legs, packing fragile items are only each of them.
Acoustic innovative loofah
The designer was born in Brazil, but now lives in London. He has collaborated with experts and craftsmen Bonfim, a city of Minas Gerais, Brazil together to learn more about the origin, cultivation and use of sponge cucumber. The loofah plant comes from the same family as cucumbers, pumpkins and squash, and is traditionally used as a bath sponge. Loofah sponge has a number of advantages, it is very absorbent and anti-microbial.
Innovative acoustic panels stained with waste water from the denim industry
Mauricio said he was inspired by the amazing properties of loofah sponge. Loofah fibers form a complex network of cellulose and develop an open foam that is both very strong and very light.
Rails equipment loofah
These properties make it a viable material for applications such as packaging, filters, rails and acoustic insulation. Splints hand and leg are made with fibers of loofah wet are stretched and pressed in a mold. The cost of this production are very low, this solution is an affordable alternative for people in countries with little or no access to medical care.
Rails hand and leg fiber loofah
The loofah sponge is still used to absorb toxic dyes in the denim industry. Indigo loofah created can be formed as acoustic liners. Indigo Acoustic panels can be used in both private homes and commercial buildings.
lightweight but extremely durable
This does not happen so often that the designer has found a material that can offer many options. The purpose of loofah Lab is to combine innovative design with sustainable materials and practices, which lead to a positive environmental and social outcomes.
fragile glass ensure goods
what the designer of Brazil has learned
designer Mauricio Affonso
Flower sponge cucumber