- Candle light and wood wall decoration in the home to create a cozy atmosphere
- Colorful Decorative Pillows – Beautiful decorations and ideas for home sewing
- Garden furniture made of wicker – 12 beautiful ideas for outdoor spaces
- Patio Design – Tips for greening, blinds and flooring
- Unusual ideas for design stool bring creativity and mood
- Shelves for more storage space
- Poured concrete kitchen island – kitchen island design by Thomas Linssen
- Colorful living room with stone floor
- Red velvet chair
- Halloween decoration craft – 30 cool ideas for an atmospheric decor
Suitable materials for a roof terrace.
A terrace is a great place to spend time with your family and friends and to enjoy being outdoors on a hot summer day. Your canopy over the terrace is a very practical concern, it protects you from the sun and rain, however when you consider more carefully what materials to use for the roof terrace it becomes clear that there are many options out there and some might suit you better than others.
Materials for the roof terrace - wooden pergola.
If you want a roof terrace which offers ample sun protection but is not fully covered, a wooden pergola is a good choice. The solid wood is great for durability and has spaces between the wooden beams, so that sunlight can flood down. Your plants will receive enough light to thrive underneath the wooden structure, but it still protects your patio from the rain. Although the pergola is not a fixed roof, it is very stable in high winds.
Materials for a roof terrace - polycarbonate.
Polycarbonate has same the appearance as glass, but it is actually plexiglass. You can get polycarbonate in a variety of shades, the various shades determine how much of the sunlight is blocked by the material. This is the solution to protecting your canopy from rain or snow but allowing sunlight through. Plants on your terrace will still thrive with this material as a roof. A drawback of polycarbonate as a material for a terrace roof is that it is not very stable in strong wind, hail and snow storms.
Combination of aluminum and glass.
Aluminum canopy is very robust and provides full shade on the patio. It consists of corrugated sheets that overlap and provide a water tight seal. You can paint the canopy in any color. An aluminum roof can withstand high winds, hail and heavy snow.
Wooden roof patio.
Umbrella with aluminum shafts.
Glass roof terrace and courtyard.
Plexiglass and metal construction.
Pergola wooden slats.
Large veranda with wooden roof