- Light and shadow define the architecture of the house futuristic
- Preparing the garden for winter days – Gardening in autumn
- Mexican Oasis
- Electric awning
- Interesting kitchen back wall designs erfirschen your interior home
- Making small rooms are larger with a mirror
- Weekend trip to Paris plan – 10 things you must see
- Wooden wall as a headboard
- Floral carpet and pink bed
- 31 Fall decorating ideas for a party – table decoration and effective accents
A mansion dating from the 12th century is a modern hotel
The masterfully restored palace Astley Castle offers an excellent combination of a historic building dating from the 12th century and a modern face. Renovation project Witherford Watson Mann Architects has won the prestigious RIBA Stirling won in 2015 for best new building. This is a project under the old and the new together in a beautiful harmony to create a very expressive blend of history and modern architecture.
Combination of a historic building and a modern
Astley Castle has a rich history. After decades of decline and decay, the house is rebuilt. The project opens this private property for public access. The castle ruins have been saved and transformed into a new house full of life.
Entrance to the Hotel Modern
Structures of modern brick, concrete and wood to be adopted by medieval stone walls, while Tudor arch and Jacobean elements are stored in an outdoor room. Large incisions in the ruined walls were preserved, so that natural light enters the window. In good weather, you have a view on the ancient landscape. The hotel has four bedrooms and bathrooms on the ground floor and offer unusual experiences. Upstairs there is a common room with kitchen and dining room.
saw the ruins outside
Outdoor room with dining area
Floor to ceiling windows, brick and wood
open to the living room floor
Pine ceiling beams
Kitchen with island
carved wooden staircase